How does SMARTSHOXX work?
SMARTSHOXX connects to the PS2 port on any SMARTSPEED or SMARTSPEED LITE unit, and is then attached to a desired object such as a target, starting block or tackle bag. When the SMARTSHOXX sensor detects a vibration or impact over the desired threshold, it records the event with millisecond accuracy.
For many ball sports, success revolves around being able to move the ball accurately and quickly. With SMARTSHOXX, you can accurately time passing or shooting speed/accuracy, add targets into small sided games or reactive drills, and create skill drills for testing and training specifically suited to your sport.
In athletics or speed testing, SMARTSHOXX can be attached to a sprint start block, and be used to accurately detect first movement of the foot at the start of a run. When used with one of SMARTSPEED’s reaction time protocols, SMARTSHOXX provides an accurate method for measuring and training reaction time, at a fraction of the cost and set up time to other instrumented start blocks.
Simply connect SMARTSHOXX to a unit, stick it on, and you are ready to go. The following video shows SMARTSHOXX in use by one of our German customers performing a reactive passing test using SMARTSHOXX and our famous SMARTSPEED Reactive Grid.
Sport specific simulation drills
- Use integrated targets in all of SMARTSPEED’s world renowned reactive drills for all ball sports
- No more pen and paper recording
(all results are saved instantly for download to MS EXCEL or database)
- Athletes react to light and/or sound cues and are assessed for both speed and accuracy of passing/shooting
- Drills for one person to large groups at the same time
Test ball passing/kicking speed in any sport
- Ball starts in beam and timing starts when ball struck
- Measure time to 1ms accuracy until bal hits target
- Much more accurate measurement than radar or even video
Military and Police Applications
- Reactive Shooting Drills
- Use all of SMARTSPEED's reactive drills to create combat simulations and highly specific challenges.
- Bullet Speed Testing
- Allows for extremely accurate testing of bullet speed for evaluating military hardware. Attach one SMARTSHOXX to rifle and another to target (up to 400m away) (longer range version possible). Time starts when rifle is fired, and time to hit target recorded to accuracy of 1ms
What's in the Box